Sochi Opening Ceremony WTF Moments:
1) The snowflake that never graduated to Olympic ring:
2) The ballet: for THE world masters of ballet, that was abysmal. Boring. As. F*ck.
3) The Mascots – ick. To be fair, they are often embarrassing, as this site so harrowingly attests to:
4) Olympic Committee dude: ‘when we come together in all our diversity, it is the Olympic Games that unite us.’ Are you freaking kidding me. The gall.
5) The hijacked plane: Right out of the gates, we have a possible terrorist situation. And, the reportedly Ukrainian dude is wearing a HABS SHIRT. As in, my hometown Canadiens hockey team. Is this for real? My nagging feeling this AM as I pondered the Olympics proved all too true (see previous post).
Man oh man, Russia. Man oh man.